I went to see New Moon today convinced they would be sold out, BUT I managed to get a ticket for an early screening at 3 pm!! The actual premiere tonight was, of course, sold out, but hell, I got a freaking ticket!
Okay, so let's get to the exciting part; the movie! (Yes, I know, I'm probably going to use an exclamation mark at the end of every sentence in this post, but really, can you blame me? If you've watched New Moon the obvious answer to that is: no.) So, New Moon rocks. It was waaay better than what I expected it to be (and yes of course, I had already seen all the trailers a hundred times). I laughed, I cried (yes, really.) and it was just... great. When did I cry? Throughout the whole Bella-in-the-woods scene plus the October-November-December-January part. It's just sad.
I won't do a full review or anything on the whole movie, this is just me rambling, so if you wanna know all the details; go see it! Now! But here's what I can say (please do not continue reading if you don't want to be spoiled! Please):
* Everything about there being twice as much action in the movie than in the book is true. Most of the film sequences are fast and there are several action/fight scenes in there.
* The script and the plot is very true to the book, which is great. Although there is, just like there was in Twilight, some humor and funny lines that were not in the book (most of them are laugh-out-loud funny).
* Although it does look like it in all the pictures/screen caps we've seen so far, Bella and Jacob does not actually kiss in New Moon. Thank God. * There is no more tree jumping or spidermonkey-ing.
* They've managed to put several scenes from Twilight in there, as flashbacks. Awesome.
* The soundtrack is amazing, throughout the whole movie. Although I gotta say, "A White Demon Love Song" by the Killers at the end credits is by far my favorite. If you haven't heard it, go buy/download it now or listen to it on youtube.
* Taylor is amazingly talented, and plays the perfect Jacob.
* We get a short glimpse of Bella, through Alice's visions, as a vampire! [Insert major squee here]
Then, even though you might not agree with me, I have to point out a few things that I believe could have been done differently. Should have been done differently.
* Their eyes. I mean, please, for the love of Edward, we can send people to the moon but we can't find a decent pair of contact lenses? Come on. And whoever is responsible for Robert's make-up, stop with the lipstick already! This is not a Maybelline commercial. (Although I do believe the make up job was far better here than in Twilight.) Oh, and while we're at it, Nikki's wig is awful. It just is.
* Somehow, the cliff diving scene was just not as sad as I expected it to be. Maybe with different music...
* There's a major cliffhanger at the end.. And I mean MAJOR. But yeah, just let us suffer for another seven months, why don't you?
So there ya go, that's my opinion! If I'm going to go watch it again? Hell yeah.